Sunday, September 16, 2007

Let's learn oceanography with SpongeBob!

When I first made the decision to homeschool, my best friend, The Cat Herder, told me there would be great days ahead. Days of learning, exploring and wonder at my daughters capacity to soak up information like a sponge.

She also told me here would be days when we studied Oceanography with SpongeBob.

That was Friday.

The thing is, it had little to do with The Girl, she was no more reluctant than usual - all ready to do her favorite subjects (math, drawing)and needing a bit more guidance to get through her least favorite work (reading, writing, grammar). I however, was in no positiong to do much of anything.

I had work - contract dealines looming, and a back log from earlier in the week to get through. I simply had too much going on, and I felt guilty that I wasn't keeping up.

But you know? I also realized that we had a lot more time to do that. That we were going to get back to things on Sunday (Saturday is our day off). The world didn't end just because I had to juggle my priorities in favor of work for one day.

Cool.

:-)

No comments: