Monday, September 10, 2007

My first Usborne show went well, and our first week of homeschool has been great. Things seem to be settling down, and although I have a few money issues on the horizon, I'm feeling pretty good about the economics of the house.

I think I have learned more about my daughter in the last week than I learned about her all last year.

1. She loves to make music. I never knew this! She spends hours now playing her electric keyboard and she wants to take guitar lessons. why did this never come up before? I think she was just too tired - school didn't leave much time for anything else.

2. She has a real love for art. Not just coloring, which I knew she liked, but painting and drawing and looking at other people's work. I'm blown away by this.

3. She writes well, but could care less about spelling. Oh well, I guess it couldn't all be good news.

:-)

4. She ADORES math beyond all reason. At least beyond my ability to reason, since math was always my least favorite subject.

Last Monday this conversation really happened:

Me: Okay, so you can do these math exercises for practice tomorrow at Grandma's house. Now go finish your chores and then you can watch TV.

The Girl: But I want to do my Math practice NOW.

Me: Well, okay. You can do the math practice tonight if you want to, but you have to go and finish your chores first! Absolutely no math until your chores are completed, young lady!

The Girl: Oh, all right. *pout*


I still can't get over it - I would have scrubbed toilets to get out of math! I think she must have been switched at birth.

No comments: