Sunday, June 1, 2008

Not Dead Yet

I found something out about myself. I can juggle about four things successfully. Add that fifth ball and I start dropping things.

This year, life just kept throwing extra balls at me, and so my online life got almost completely dropped as I worked on keeping jobs, The Girl's homeschooling, and my credit score from self destructing.

Being a single mom is all about managing, and sometimes you have to manage what you are going to drop.

While I missed being online, I'm happy with how the year has turned out. The Girl appears to have successfully made it through fourth grade homeschool. she has written essays, just finished Trumpet of the Swan (a book she would have refused to even try to read at the beginning of the year) and did a great poster of the Solar System for her final project in astronomy.

Along the way, we had a pretty good time with our plant unit, learned more about the Powhatan Indians and the Jamestown settlement than we ever really wanted to know, and learned to love division. Most importantly we discovered The Girl's musical talent, which is considerable. Who knew!? She is learning three instruments now and is excelling in all three and just had her end of year recital last week.

We are wrapping up this year, and looking ahead to next. I'm still juggling, and hoping I don't drop anything else, and next year we will be homseschooling fifth grade. The summer is going to be spent mostly at home, working on Japanese, art, and music.

Summer is looking good!

No comments: